Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Sandra J. Hopkins - Fiber Artist


Fiber artist Sandra J. Hopkins, who will present her program at our October 8th meeting, describes her work.

          "I will be sharing my story of how I moved from painting to sewing
           art out of reclaimed fabrics. As we engage with my work, I will
           also discuss profound intersections we have with our places and
           how that influences my work."


Sandra J. Hopkins lives in Northern Colorado. She creates fiber art quilts composed of reclaimed fabrics out of a belief that nothing is waste and all that is has value. Her work has been shown in juried and group shows in the U.S. and Canada. A recipient of several awards, Sandra is also a member of CIVA (Christians in the Visual Arts).

Here are three of Sandra's beautiful creations. Click HERE to visit her web site.



English Bay

Longs Peak




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.