Friday, April 16, 2021

Who Has Made a Quilt Inspired by a Favorite Book?


I still have my copy of this magical book, a gift for my 5th birthday.

One of my favorite books as a young child was The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis. It was the first of seven in the Chronicles of Narnia published between 1950 and 1956. 

Four London children (two sisters and two brothers) are sent to the large home of a professor in the English countryside during the air-raids in WWII. During a game of hide-and-seek, they accidentally discover that the wardrobe in a spare room is the portal to the land of Narnia, where it is forever winter. Lucy is the first to find Narnia, where she meets Mr. Tumnus, and so the adventure begins. 



As I watch the snow falling on this mid-April day, I wonder if I've walked through the wardrobe straight into Narnia! I've been thinking about making a Narnia quilt and will spend the next few days making sketches and plans. I won't have to shop for fabric - my stash is ample.

Has anyone else made a quilt inspired by a favorite book? I would love to see it. Please leave your comments below.

Judy Andersen
Keeper of the blog

estesjanne@gmail.com





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.